Posts Tagged ‘Amanda Packham’
Written on March 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm, by packhams 1 Comment
So like I said before, I don’t have much real biking experience. Nothing more than a short ride around the neighborhood with the kids. Now that I’ve put it out there that I’m going to do this ride, it’s time to get serious (because it might be a little embarrassing to back out!). I’ve had a list of excuses for a while to not go on a ride and one that I’ve been hanging on to was that I didn’t have a helmet. So I finally got around to getting a helmet and of course the great kid at Infinite Cycles set me up with a cute white and pink helmet- not too speedy looking. I also got a new part to help attach my bike trailer to my cruiser-style bike. No more excuses, other than the fact that it is still winter outside. It finally warmed up a bit the other day and I blocked out some time to go for a ride. I just wanted to do a short manageable distance, you know-ease in slowly. I ended up doing about three miles and it wasn’t too bad. Keep in mind I don’t have a real road bike, just a cruiser style bike that sits me up pretty straight and that made for some fun wind resistance riding into an uphill headwind. Well I’ve got my first ride under my belt and I’m ready for more, I think. I felt a little sore in some new places but it felt good. Now I need to figure out a time when I can get my super busy 5th grader to go with me.
Written on February 18, 2010 at 10:25 am, by brad 4 Comments
We are very happy to have three guest women train for and blog about their training experience leading up to Goldilocks. Each blogger will be training for a different length ride. They will post regularly about their training and experiences leading up to the Goldilocks ride in May. Check back often to see their stories.
- Training distance: 60 miles
- Pen name: Shaver Leggs (Indicative of what I should do on a daily basis!)
- Age: 37
- Height: 5’9” roughly
- Weight: More than I need.
- Occupation: Mother to 4, Wife to 1, Owner to 2, and part time Editor.
- Hobbies: gardening, swimming, home decorating (A lack of funds prevents me from doing a very good job at this hobby.), and shopping for 4 girls. (That darn lack of funds thing!)
- Previous biking experience: I used to mountain bike all the time while in college. My bike lasted about 15 years (which is amazing) and I finally had to throw it away. My road bike experience is pretty much non-existent. I borrowed a road bike once last fall to ride with some friends and loved it! Now I am in the market for a road bike and hope to build enough muscle and stamina to do 60 mile bike rides and maybe a few triathlons.
- Training distance: 15 miles
- Age: 32
- Height: 5’2”
- Weight: Let’s just say that I am sort of a square.
- Occupation: Laundry maid, Mother to four, wife to one, professional debater with my riding partner-a.k.a my 11 yr. old daughter.
- Hobbies: Shopping, sewing, planning, crafting, decorating, dreaming, designing, wishing, clothes, kids.
- Previous biking experience: I’ve owned two bikes and they still have the rubber nubbins on the tires; translation: not much. But I got a really cute new cruiser that I want to put to good use… I think.
- Training distance: 15 miles
- Pen name: Gracie loo-hoo
- Age: 11
- Height: 4’5”
- Weight: 64.6
- Occupation: School
- Hobbies: Singing, dancing, talking, laughing
- Previous biking experience: Riding around the neighborhood.